In case you missed the October 25th Small Business Lending Committee meeting, a brief summary and links to meeting materials are included below:
1) MCBC’s Small Business Lending Committee (SBC) is looking for a committee co-chair to represent community organizations and CDFIs in the Commonwealth. Inquiries about the role and responsibility as well as the nomination process can be sent to Regan St. Pierre. The co-chair will work along with Charles Smith, SVP, Small Business Lending at Eastern Bank, to provide committee oversight and direction.
2) Meetings dates for 2019 can be found here.
3) MCBC provided an overview of the OCC’s Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPR) issued August 28th. Links to the ANPR are provided in the meeting materials.
4) Interise released a white paper November 13th with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the Stanford Latino Entrepreneurship Initiative: Latino-Owned Businesses: Shining a Light on National Trends. The report builds on work done earlier in the year by the Stanford Latino Entrepreneurship Initiative (SLEI) and the Aspen Institute.
5) 2017 Small Business Report Update – Stuart Ryan joined us to discuss the next report when the 2017 CRA data is made available, which was expected by the end of the month. MCBC will form an advisory committee once the data is available.
Our next Small Business Lending Committee event will be Thursday, January 24, 9:30-11:30am at Eastern Bank, 265 Franklin St., Boston, MA
Draft Small Business Lending Committee notes from 10/25 can be found here.