In case you missed the December 6th Small Business Lending Committee meeting, a brief summary and links to meeting materials are included below:
1) MCBC’s Small Business Lending Committee (SBC) is looking for a committee co-chair to represent community organizations and CDFIs in the Commonwealth. Inquiries about the role and responsibility as well as the nomination process can be sent to Regan St. Pierre. The co-chair will work along with Charles Smith, SVP, Small Business Lending at Eastern Bank, to provide committee oversight and direction.
2) Meetings dates for 2019 can be found here.
3) Santander shared its success in recruiting women and minority owned businesses to its inaugural class of Cultivate Small Business
4) Eastern Bank discussed its Building Equity Initiative and 2018 targeted grants of advancing women and other efforts to support women.
5) We also looked at how the CDFI industry is supporting women who support small businesses. Vicky Stein of Community Reinvestment Fund and Megan Teare of Wells Fargo joined us to introduce the work of CDFI Women’s Network and the Boston chapter.
Our next Small Business Lending Committee event will be Thursday, January 27, 9:30-11:30am at Eastern Bank, 265 Franklin St., Boston, MA
Draft Small Business Lending Committee notes from 12/6 can be found here.