MCBC’s Mortgage Lending Committee
The Committee meetings are open meetings held throughout the year on a variety of topics related to mortgage lending trends. At our meetings, you can network with those who share similar interests or responsibilities and discuss topics related to your industry. Each meeting is facilitated by MCBC co-chairs and staff as well as attendees who volunteer to lead the discussion. These sessions are designed to encourage an informal and collegial exchange of experiences and insights. Membership in MCBC is encouraged to help sustain our efforts, but is not a requirement to attend meetings.
Elliot Schmiedl, Director of Homeownership, Massachusetts Housing Partnership
Michelle Meiser, AVP of Community Partnerships and Development, Cambridge Trust
The Mortgage Lending Committee brings together financial institutions, housing advocates, public officials and others to work to expand home ownership opportunities for low- and moderate-income homebuyers and to sustain home ownership in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods.
The Mortgage Lending Committee hosts open meetings throughout the year on a variety of topics from downpayment assistance programs to mortgage lending trends in the Commonwealth. Membership in MCBC is encouraged, but not a requirement to attend.
2021 Meeting Dates (Virtual)
- February 9, 2021, 12 noon – 1:30 p.m. – Spring Market Preview
- May 4, 2021, 12 noon – 1:30 p.m. – The state of home buying around MA regions/cities and a preview of MCBC’s Mortgage Lending Report
- Annual Forum! June 24, 2021 10:30 a.m.-12 noon – introducing MCBC’s 2021 Mortgage Lending Report!
- October 26, 12 noon – 1:30 p.m. – Learn about MA’s upcoming Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) program, which is expected to deliver significant resources
- December 7, 12 noon – 1:30 p.m.
The latest MCBC Mortgage Lending Report is here! Click here: MCBC’s FY21 Mortgage Lending Report
In November 2018, MCBC released Changing Patterns XXV, an annual report on mortgage lending patterns in Massachusetts. The report includes 2017 data on lending by race and income and the comparative performance of major type of lenders. In addition, the report provides lending trends across all Massachusetts cities and towns in a set of on-line tables. Both the report and the on-line tables are available in the Resources & Research section of this website.